Service Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms of Service (“Terms”, “Terms of Service”) carefully before using the https://www.organicchemistrytutor.com website or the services provided by Chemistry Education and Research Center, LLC (the “Service”) operated by Chemistry Education and Research Center, LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned upon your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who wish to access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms, then you do not have permission to access the Service.
- The following document outlines the general terms and conditions that clients (you) agree to when ordering services from us. Client may be asked to sign a service agreement that can alter, add, or remove any of the conditions outlined by this document.
- By ordering any services from us, you are confirming that you have read, understood, and agreed to the following service terms and conditions.
- If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Service (“Purchase”), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address, and your shipping information.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal right to use any credit card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with any Purchase; and that (ii) the information you supply to us is true, correct and complete.
- We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order at any time for reasons including but not limited to: product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, error in your order, or other reasons.
- We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if fraud or an unauthorized or illegal transaction is suspected.
III. Limitations of Service
- The tutoring and email support services are instructive and constitute learning, not cheating. More specifically, the tutor will not complete assignments, write papers, take quizzes or otherwise do work on the student’s behalf. Our services are designed to inform and enhance your learning by providing you with a constructive feedback on your work.
- Further, the services that the tutor offers must not violate the academic honesty policy or other conduct policies of the student’s school, university, academic institution or workplace. In this regard, our membership support and tutoring services are only informative and educational in character. Our tutors will not complete any assignments submitted to us that have clear indication of a future submission deadline or that this assignment will be submitted for grading.
- All downloadable materials are offered “as is” and may be subject to future modifications. Previous purchases do not grant the access to the newer editions of the handouts, notes, practice tests, or other downloadable materials.
IV. Adherence to The Academic Honor Code Of Conduct
- Should we discover that our services have been used in violation of the principles of academic honesty, we reserve the right to report such violation to the appropriate student’s school authorities.
- Additionally, if a case of academic dishonesty is discovered, we reserve the right to terminate any current and/or future tutoring or support services and retain the remainder of the deposit on client’s account.
- It is the client’s responsibility to assure that the academic honor policy is not violated.
- Some parts of the Service are billed on a subscription basis (“Subscription(s)”). You will be billed in advance on a recurring and periodic basis (“Billing Cycle”). Billing cycles may be set on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis depending on the subscription.
- At the end of each Billing Cycle, your Subscription will automatically renew under the exact same conditions unless you cancel it or Chemistry Education and Research Center, LLC cancels it. You may cancel your Subscription renewal through your online account management page (“My Account” page) before your next billing cycle.
- A valid payment method, including credit card, is required to process the payment for your Subscription. You shall provide Chemistry Education and Research Center, LLC with accurate and complete billing information including full name, address, state, zip code, telephone number, and a valid payment method information. By submitting such payment information, you automatically authorize Chemistry Education and Research Center, LLC to charge all Subscription fees incurred through your account to any such payment instruments.
- Should automatic billing fail to occur for any reason, Chemistry Education and Research Center, LLC will issue an electronic invoice indicating that you must proceed manually, within a certain deadline date, with the full payment corresponding to the billing period as indicated on the invoice. During that period, your subscription will be put on hold.
- Grandfathered pricing: If you choose to cancel your subscription, and your renewal price is lower than the current listed price for the service (a “grandfathered” price), the lower renewal price will no longer be available to you.
- If you choose to renew your subscription after it has been cancelled, you will be charged the current listed price for the service. We cannot apply older or grandfathered pricing to your new renewal purchase.
- We cannot grant refunds on renewal payments. See section VII-7 for more details.
VI. Fee Changes
- Chemistry Education and Research Center, LLC, in its sole discretion and at any time, may modify the Subscription fees for the Subscriptions. Any Subscription fee change will become effective if you or we cancel your subscription and you decide to re-subscribe later.
- Chemistry Education and Research Center, LLC may opt to change the Subscription fee for any client despite the VI.1 of the Terms. In this case, we will provide you with a reasonable prior notice of any change in Subscription fees to give you an opportunity to terminate your Subscription before such change becomes effective.
- Your continued use of the Service after the Subscription fee change comes into effect constitutes your agreement to pay the modified Subscription fee amount.
VII. Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Payments for tutoring services are non-refundable except for documented emergencies. All refunds for tutoring appointments will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- A payment for the appointment must be received for the appointment to be scheduled. We cannot reserve a time without the full payment for the appointment.
- Any rescheduling request is considered a cancellation and a subsequent scheduling of a new appointment. Rescheduling is free and is a subject to the tutor’s schedule and availability.
- Downloadable materials are non-refundable. You cannot un-download something that has been downloaded 😉
- We offer a 24-hour cancellation money-back guarantee for all new course subscriptions from new clients. Due to the nature of the Service, we believe that this time is enough to familiarize oneself with the nature of the Service. Thus, any refund requests must be originated within 24-hour grace period after the initial purchase.
- We do not provide any additional refunds beyond the initial 24-hour grace period for subscriptions.
- WE CANNOT PROVIDE REFUNDS FOR RENEWAL PAYMENTS. The “My Subscription” section (tab) of “My Account” page will clearly show the exact date of your subscription renewal and the immediate cancellation option. IT IS CLIENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO CANCEL THEIR SUBSCRIPTION PRIOR TO THE NEXT BILLING CYCLE to avoid the renewal charge.
- We require a 48-hour notice for any cancellations and rescheduling requests for scheduled tutoring meetings. Any cancellation and/or rescheduling request given in less than 48 hours before the scheduled meeting time will be handled in the case-by-case basis and we may not guarantee the cancellation or reschedule at that point.
VII-a. Refund Requests
- We will ONLY issue a refund for downloadable materials in the case of an erroneous double charge.
- A refund request must be received no later than 24 hours after the purchase date.
- If you would like to request a refund, please email [email protected]. When requesting a refund, we respectfully ask that you meet the following refund policy conditions:
Eligibility conditions for a refund request:
- You are within the first 24 hours of the original purchase of the educational material(s).
- We cannot grant refunds after the first 24 hours of the original purchase.
- We cannot grant refunds on renewal payments. See Section VII-7.
- Refunds will be offered at our sole discretion. By purchasing educational materials from our site, you agree to this refund policy and relinquish any rights to subject it to any questions, judgment, or legal actions. We are not liable to cover any differences in exchange rates between the time you purchased and the time you are refunded.
- When you create an account with us, you guarantee that you are above the age of 18, and that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Inaccurate, incomplete, or obsolete information may result in the immediate termination of your account on the Service.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, including but not limited to the restriction of access to your computer and/or account. You agree to accept responsibility for any and all activities or actions that occur under your account and/or password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you, without appropriate authorization. You may not use as a username any name that is offensive, vulgar or obscene.
- We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in our sole discretion.
- We may terminate or suspend your account and bar access to the Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, under our sole discretion, for any reason whatsoever and without limitation, including but not limited to a breach of the Terms.
- If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service. If you wish to destroy all records of your account, contact us by submitting the termination request by emailing [email protected] or [email protected]
- We automatically terminate accounts after 12 months of inactivity.
- All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Chemistry Education and Research Center, LLC and its licensee and licensors, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees), resulting from or arising out of a) your use and access of the Service, by you or any person using your account and password, or b) a breach of these Terms.
XI. Limitation Of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL CHEMISTRY EDUCATION AND RESEARCH CENTER, LLC, NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR AFFILIATES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (I) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE; (II) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; (III) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE; AND (IV) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
- Chemistry Education and Research Center, LLC its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you.
XIV. Governing Law
- These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Colorado, United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have had between us regarding the Service.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
- By continuing to access or use our Service after any revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, you are no longer authorized to use the Service.
XVI. Contact Us
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at [email protected].
Updated June 20, 2020